Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Unwarranted Self Importance

“Out of the hundreds of plagues that can befall mankind that I have to memorize for school, this is probably the worst disease. And most of America (and the b-boy community) are high risk populations…
It’s strange how some don’t understand this often encountered, very simple, even archetypal, lesson:
If you hype yourself up too much, you end up looking shittier.
Self-appointed legends, what can I say…
Those who are truly skilled don’t need to convince anyone.
Those who are really unique don’t need to explain it to anyone.
Those who actually deserve the attention don’t have to try so hard to get it.
Lions don’t need to hang a sign that says “Lion” around their neck for them to scare the shit out of you. Same principle.
If you’re the real deal, people will see it and know.
If you need to say it all the time, more than likely you’re not there yet.
Ah, but everything I say comes around. I’m only a mere speck, a dust ball, an archaebacteria, yet I’ve made some sublimely self-flattering comments and I do suffer from this plague because otherwise I wouldn’t even have this blog assuming to be in a position to lecture about any of this shit at all!”

No comments: